Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oct. 27, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012

Just for today
, I must understand that recovery gives me the freedom not to live within the confines of alcoholism and, instead, offers the freedom to live in the boundless possibilities of sobriety. As a recovering alcoholic, I know - or at least, I better know - what I cannot do and, in trying to work toward or maintain sobriety I may be fighting what I cannot do. But in recovery, I am not confined by what I cannot do in alcoholism and any other "ism" and do not have to fight sobriety. As such, I need to understand the distinction between fighting not to drink and simply letting sobriety be. Today, I have the freedom to live not in the problem of fighting not to drink but living in the solution of simply not drinking; I choose to live in the solution, not in the problem. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment