Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oct. 23, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012
Today's thoughts from Hazelden are:

A.A. Thought for the Day
Many people are creeping through life on their hands and knees, merely because they refuse to rely on any power but themselves. Many of them feel that they are being brave and independent, but actually they are only courting disaster. Anxiety and the inferiority complex have become the greatest of all modern plagues. In AA we have the answer to these ills. Have I ceased to rely on myself only?
Meditation for the Day
When I am in doubt, I am not going anywhere. Doubt poisons all action. I meet life with a "yes," an affirmative attitude. There is good in the world, and I can follow that good. There is power available to help me to do the right thing; therefore I will accept that power.
Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may go along on the venture of faith.

From the book:

Twenty-Four Hours a Day for Teens © 2004 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment