Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oct. 18, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

God is not a cosmic bellboy.
 -- Harry Emerson Fosdick


We have to laugh when we look back at the times we treated God like our servant. Who did we think we were, ordering God to do something for us? But we got away with it. God even did some of the things we asked.

Now we know that our Higher Power is not a servant. As we work the Steps, we know we don't give orders to our Higher Power. We don't expect God to work miracles every time we'd like one. 
We're asking our Higher Power to lead us. After all, who knows what is best for us - our Higher Power or us?

Our Higher Power has many wonderful gifts for us. Our Higher Power will show us goals, help us live in love and joy, and give us strength.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, show me ways to help others as You've helped me. I'm grateful that You love me and help me.

Action for the Day
Today, I'll make a list of times my Higher Power has helped me out of trouble.

From the book:
Keep It Simple 
by Anonymous

Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment