Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct. 15, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, Oct. 15, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
Am I deeply grateful to AA for what it has done for me in regaining my sobriety and opening up an entirely new lfie for me? AA has made it possible for me to carry on other interests in business and in various other associations with people. It has made a full life possible for me. It would perhaps be wrong if all my activities were limited to AA work. It has made a well-rounded life possible for me in work, in play and in hobbies of various kinds. But will I desert AA because of this? Will I accept a diploma and become a graduate of AA?

Do I realize that I could have nothing worthwhile without AA?

Meditation for the Day

There is only one way to get full satisfaction from life, and that is to live the way you believe God wants you to live. Live with God in that secret place of the spirit and you will have a feeling of being on the right road. You will have a deep sense of satisfaction. The world will have meaning and you will have a place in the world, work to do that counts in the eternal order of things. Many things will work for you and with you, as long as you feel you are on God's side.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may have a sense of the eternal value of the work I do. I pray that I may not only work for now, but also for eternity.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment