Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Oct. 17, 2012 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012


Reflection for the Day
Now that we're sober and living in reality, it's sometimes difficult to see ourselves as others see us and, in the process, determine how much progress we've made in recovery. In the old days, the back-of-the-bar mirror presented us with a distorted and illusory view of ourselves; the way we imagined ourselves to be and the way we imagined ourselves to appear in the eyes of others. A good way for me to measure my progress today is simply to look about me at my friends in The Program. As I witness the miracle of their recoveries, I realize that I'm part of the same miracle - and will remain so as long as I'm willing.

Am I grateful for reality and the Divine miracle of my recovery?

Today I Pray

May God keep my eyes open for miracles - those marvelous changes that have taken place in my own life and in the lives of my friends in the group. May I ask no other measurement of progress than a smile I can honestly mean and a clear eye and a mind that can, at last, touch reality. May my own joy be my answer to my question, "How am I doing?"

Today I Will Remember
Miracles measure our progress: Who needs more?

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment