Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 11, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, March 11, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
Since I came to The Program, I've begun to recognize my previous inability to form a true partnership with another person. It seems that my egomania created two disastrous pitfalls. Either I insisted upon dominating the people I knew, or I depended on them far too much. My friends in The Program have taught me that my dependence meant demand - a demand for the possession and control of the people and the conditions surrounding me.

Do I still try to find emotional security either by dominating or being dependent on others?

Today I Pray
May I turn first to God to satisfy my love-hunger, knowing that all He asks from me is my faith in Him. May I no longer cast emotional nets over those I love, either by dominating them or being excessively dependent upon them - which is just another form of domination. May I give others the room they need to be themselves. May God show me the way to mature human relationships.

Today I Will Remember
To have faith in His love.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment