Friday, October 19, 2012

Oct. 19, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, Oct. 19, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
Do I realize that I do not know how much time I have left? It may be later than I think. Am I going to do the things that I know I should do before my time runs out? By the way, what is my purpose for the rest of my life? Do I realize all I have to make up for in my past wasted life? Do I know that I am living on borrowed time and that I would not have even this much time left without AA and the grace of God?

Am I going to make what time I have left count for AA?

Meditation for the Day

We can believe that somehow the cry of the human soul is never unheard by God. It may be that God hears the cry, even if we fail to notice God's response to it. The human cry for help must always evoke a response of some sort from God. It may be that our failure to discern properly keeps us unaware of the response. But one thing we can believe is that the grace of God is always available for every human being who sincerely calls for help. Many changed lives are living proofs of this fact.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may trust God to answer my prayer as He sees fit. I pray that I may be content with whatever form that answer may take.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment