Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oct. 21, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
Now that we have considered the obligations of real, working members of AA, let us examine what the rewards are that have come to us as a result of our new way of living. First, I understand myself more than I ever did before. I have learned what was the matter with me and I know now a lot of what makes me tick. I will never be alone again. I am just one of many who have the illness of alcoholism and one of many who have learned what to do about it. I am not an odd fish or a square peg in a round hole. I seem to have found my right place in the world.

Am I beginning to understand myself?

Meditation for the Day

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will remain with him and him with me." The knocking of God's spirit, asking to come into your life, is due to no merit of yours, though it is in response to the longing of your heart. Keep a listening ear, an ear bent to catch the sound of the gentle knocking at the door of your heart by the spirit of God. Then open the door of your heart and let God's spirit come in.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may let God's spirit come into my heart. I pray that it may fill me with an abiding peace.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment