Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oct. 16, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Reflection for the Day
When a person says something rash or ugly, we sometimes say they are "forgetting themselves," meaning they're forgetting their best selves in a sudden outburst of uncontrolled fury. If I remember the kind of person I want to be, hopefully I won't "forget myself" and yield to a fit of temper. I'll believe that the positive always defeats the negative: courage overcomes fear; patience overcomes anger and irritability; love overcomes hatred. Am I always striving for improvement?

Today I Pray
Today I ask that God, to Whom all things are possible, will help me turn negatives into positives - anger into super-energy, fear into a chance to be courageous, hatred into love. May I take time out to remember examples of such positive-from-negative transformations from the whole of my lifetime. Uppermost is God's miracle: my freedom from the slavery of addiction.

Today I Will Remember
Turn negatives into positives.

From the book:

A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment