Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oct. 20, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012

Just for today
, I will step outside myself if I have retreated in because of some problem or emotion that I haven't confronted by turning to the 12th Step and extend my hand to someone else in need. Service to others in need is a fundamental and integral component of the Program and, by seeking out and offering someone who needs my help, I may understand that my own burden is not as heavy as another person's. To permit some problem to hold me hostage within myself is empowering that problem and forcing me to ignore the needs of someone else. On a less altruistic level, the weight of another person's burdens may humble me enough to realize that my own burdens may not be as heavy as I think. Today, I step outside of myself and offer my help to someone who needs and wants it. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment