Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oct. 23, 2012 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012


Reflection for the Day
"One's own self is well hidden from one's own self," a renowned philosopher once wrote. "Of all mines of treasure, one's own is the last to be dug up." The Twelve Steps have enabled me to unearth my "own self," the one that for so long was buried beneath my desperate need for approval from others. Thanks to The Program and my Higher Power, I've begun acquiring a true sense of self and a comfortable sense of confidence. No longer do I have to react chameleon-like, changing my coloration from one moment to the next, fruitlessly trying to be all things to all people.

Do I strive, at all times, to be true to myself?

Today I Pray

I pray that I may be honest with myself, and that I will continue - with the help of God and my friends - to try to get to know the real me. May I know that I cannot suddenly be a pulled-together, totally defined, completely consistent personality; it may take a while to develop into that personality, to work out my values and my priorities. May I know now that I have a good start on being who I want to be.

Today I Will Remember
I'm getting to be who I want to be.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment