Friday, October 19, 2012

Oct. 19, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Friday, Oct. 19, 2012

Just for today
, if alcohol is "cunning and baffling," its end product - alcoholism - is mysterious, mysterious because it took the experience of becoming alcoholic to guide me to a Program to begin my physical, spiritual and emotional healing. And without going through the deepest of gutters, the darkest of nights and the sickest of physical and emotional condition, I may never have emerged from that life of being half-dead and half-alive to being, now, fully alive. In a bizarre osmosis, if I cannot be grateful, I must at least not deny, reject or forget those days of my drinking because they brought me to a place where a healing can begin. Today, I respect and can almost be grateful for the experience of alcoholism because it has brought me to where I am - here. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment