Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oct. 16, 2012 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012


Reflection for the Day
Someone once said that the mind's direction is more important than its progress. If my direction is correct, then progress is sure to follow. We first come to The Program to receive something for ourselves, but soon learn that we receive most bountifully when we give to others. If the direction of my mind is to give rather than to receive, then I'll benefit beyond my greatest expectations. The more I give of myself and the more generously I open my heart and mind to others, the more growth and progress I'll achieve.

Am I learning not to measure my giving against my getting, accepting that the act of giving is its own reward?

Today I Pray

May I not lose sight of that pillar of The Program - helping myself through helping others in our purpose of achieving comfortable sobriety. May I feel that marvel of giving and taking and giving back again from the moment I take the First Step. May I care deeply about others' maintaining their freedom from chemicals, and may I know that they care about me. It is a simple - and beautiful - exchange.

Today I Will Remember
Give and take and give back again.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment