Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oct. 21, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012

Just for today
, I can extend sincere gratitude but pull back on taking pride on a day that greeted me sober and saw me through doing what is expected of me - expected of the Program, expected of the responsibilities to sobriety, and expected of myself. I need not be bogged down with anything from my drinking past - shame, remorse, regret, grandiosity, egoism, anger, depression, or anything else that I could find to keep myself in the gutter. Today, if I awakened sober, proceeded through the day doing what is expected of me and doing it with integrity and ethics and then go to sleep remembering all that I said and did, then today was good. I can be grateful for that seemingly simple achievement and, today, it is enough. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment