Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oct. 20, 2012 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012


Reflection for the Day
Before I admitted my powerlessness over alcohol and other chemicals, I had as much self-worth as a "peeled zero." I came into The Program as a nobody who desperately wanted to be a somebody. In retrospect, my self-esteem was shredded, seemingly beyond repair. Gradually, The Program has enabled me to achieve an ever-stronger sense of self-worth. I've come to accept myself, realizing that I'm not so bad as I had always supposed myself to be.

Am I learning that my self-worth is not dependent on the approval of others, but instead is truly an "inside job?"

Today I Pray

When I am feeling down and worthless, may my Higher Power and my friends in the group help me see that, although I was "fallen," I was not "cast down." However sick I might have been in my worst days, with all the self-esteem of an earth worm, may I know that I still had the power of choice. And I chose to do something about myself. May that good choice be the basis of my reactivated self-worth.

Today I Will Remember
I will not kick myself when I'm down.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment