Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct. 15, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Monday, Oct. 15, 2012

Just for today
, I will quiet the noise in my mind and stop the traffic of racing thoughts in my mind to simply do it just for today. I will not mourn or lament the losses that my drinking entailed and instead will be grateful that the losses weren't more than they were. I will not cling to regrets for amends that I can never make and instead believe that being sober will be my strongest and sincerest amend. I will not shield myself behind that wall of self-imposed isolation and instead will take a chance that I have something to offer to someone else and that they have something I can learn. I will not live in the problem of fighting not to drink and instead will live in the solution of sobriety, and I will not expect more of myself and anyone else than can be reasonably expected. I will not judge anyone or anything lest their judgments condemn me, and I will not waste valuable time on taking anyone else's moral inventory and focus on my own. Today, I will simply be and not resist the good that is yet to come. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment