Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oct. 14, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Sunday, Oct. 14, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
How big a part of my life is AA? Is it just one of my activities and a small one at that? Do I only go to AA meetings now and then and sometimes never go at all? Do I think of AA only occasionally? Am I reticent about mentioning the subject of AA to people who might need help? Or does AA fill a large part of my life? Is it the foundation of my whole life? Where would I be without AA? Does everything I have and do depend on my AA foundation?

Is AA the foundation on which I build my life?

Meditation for the Day

Lay upon God your failures and mistakes and shortcomings. Do not dwell upon your failures, upon the fact that in the past you have been nearer a beast than an angel. You have a mediator between you and God - your growing faith - which can lift you up from the mire and point you toward the heavens. You can still be reconciled with the spirit of God. You can still regain your harmony with the Divine Principle of the universe.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may not let the beast in me hold me back from my spiritual destiny. I pray that I may rise and walk upright.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment