Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
 
AA Thought for the Day
We're all looking for the power to overcome drinking. When we alcoholics come into AA, our first question is: "How do I get the strength to quit?" At first it seems to us that we will never get the necessary strength. We see older members who have found the power we are looking for, but we don't know the process by which they got it. This necessary strength comes in many ways.

Have I found all the strength I need?

Meditation for the Day
You cannot have a spiritual need which God cannot supply. Your fundamental need is a spiritual need, the need of power to live the good life. The best spiritual supply is received by you when you want it to pass on to other people. You get it largely by giving it away. God gives you strength as you pass it on to another person. That strength means increased health; increased health means more good work, and more good work means more people helped. And so it goes on, a constant supply to meet all spiritual needs.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that my every spiritual need will be supplied by God. I pray that I may use the power I receive to help others.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment