Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oct. 16, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
How seriously do I take my obligations to AA? Have I taken all the good I can get out of it and then let my obligations slide? Or do I constantly feel a deep debt of gratitude and a deep sense of loyalty to the whole AA movement? Am I not only grateful but also proud to be a part of such a wonderful fellowship, which is doing such marvelous work among alcoholics? Am I glad to be a part of the great work that AA is doing and do I feel a deep obligation to carry on that work at every opportunity?

Do I feel that I owe AA my loyalty and devotion?

Meditation for the Day

If your heart is right, you world will be right. The beginning of all reform must be in yourself. It's not what happens to you, it's how you take it. However restricted your circumstances, however little you may be able to remedy financial affairs, you can always turn to your inward self and, seeing something not in order there, seek to right it. And as all reform is from within outward, you will always find that the outward is improved as the inward is improved. As you improve yourself, your outward circumstances will change for the better. The power released from within yourself will change your outward life.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that the hidden power within me may be released. I pray that I may not imprison the spirit that is within me.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment