Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oct. 18, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012

Just for today
, I will not waste valuable time that should be spent on progressing in sobriety to fight any urge for "just one" drink: I already know the consequence andthe self-deception that there is no such thing as "just one." The Program of AA has armed me with the Steps to dodge the bullet of temptation, and personal experience shows time and again the consequences if I give in. In the end, the temptation to drink "just one" is a simple choice, and that choice like any other has consequences - and I alone will be responsible to those consequences. They have taken too much from me already. Thus, the choice is simple: DON'T DRINK. Today, I don't have time to deal with the anguish of temptation or wondering if I can get away with "just one." I can't. Maybe more significantly, I don't want to. Case closed. Today, I'll focus my emotional energy on something more productive, like progressing in sobriety. And our common journey continues. Just for today. -Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment