Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Oct. 17, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012

Just for today
, let me not feel any regrets, grief or loss or be bitter from the sweet ofwhat I must leave behind in my new and continuing journey toward recovery and sobriety. Some people and places that were a significant, even enabling part of my life in my drinking days may no longer have a place in my new life in recovery, and I must be prepared that I may have to cut some losses in order to attain greater gains. If I am reluctant to move on without someone or something that was an influential part of my life as a drinking alcoholic, may I be able to remove myself from the emotional and use the logic to ask if maintaining old ties is worth the risk to my own recovery. If so, I have no other choice but to move on although I will never be alone. Today, if my sobriety requires it, I may have to make the tough choice between what once was seemingly precious to me and moving on toward something even more precious. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment