Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oct. 18, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
Have I got over most of my sensitiveness, my feelings which are too easily hurt and my just plain laziness and self-satisfaction? Am I willing to go all out for AA at no matter what cost to my precious self? Is my own comfort more important to me than doing the things that need to be done? Have I got to the point where what happens to me is not so important. Can I face up to things that are embarrassing or uncomfortable if they are the right things to do for the good of AA? Have I given AA just a small piece of myself?

Am I willing to give all of myself whenever necessary?

Meditation for the Day

Not until you have failed can you learn true humility. Humility arises from a deep sense of gratitude to God for giving you the strength to rise above past failures. Humility is not inconsistent with self-respect. The true person has self-respect and the respect of others and yet is humble. The humble person is tolerant of others' failings, and does not have a critical attitude toward the foibles of others. Humble people are hard on themselves and easy on others.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may be truly humble and yet have self-respect. I pray that I may see the good in myself as well as the bad.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment