Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 9, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, March 9, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
We learn in The Program and its Twelve Steps that as we grow spiritually, we find that our old attitudes toward our instinctual drives need to undergo drastic revisions. Our demands for emotional security and wealth, for personal prestige and power, all have to be tempered and redirected. We learn that the full satisfaction of these demands cannot be the sole end and aim of our lives. But when we're willing to place spiritual growth first - then and only then do we have a real chance to grow in healthy awareness and mature love.

Am I willing to place spiritual growth first?

Today I Pray
May my development as a spiritual person temper my habitual hankerings for material security. May I understand that the only real security in life is spiritual. If I have faith in my Higher Power, these revisions in my attitudes will follow. May I grow first in spiritual awareness.

Today I Will Remember
Value the life of the spirit.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment