Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 14, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
One thing that keeps me on the right track today is a feeling of loyalty to other members of The Program, no matter where they may be. We depend on each other. I know, for example, that I'd be letting them down if I ever took a drink. When I came into The Program, I found a group of people who were not only helping each other to stay sober, but who were loyal to each other by staying sober themselves.

Am I loyal to my group and to my friends in The Program?

Today I Pray
I thank God for the loyalty and fellowship of the group and for the mutuality of commitment that binds us together. May I give to the group in the same proportion that I take from it. Having been a taker during so many of my years, my giving used to be no more than a commodity for which I expected to be paid in approval or love or favors. May I learn the joy of pure giving, with no strings attached, no expectation of reward.

Today I Will Remember
A perfect gift asks nothing in return.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment