Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, March 20, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
The longer I'm in The Program, the more important becomes the slogan "First Things First." I used to believe that my family came first, that my home life came first, that my job came first. But I know today, in the depths of my heart, that if I can't stay sober, I'll have nothing. "First Things First," to me, means that everything in my life depends on my sobriety.

Am I grateful to be sober today?

Today I Pray
May my first priority, the topmost item on my list of concerns, be my sobriety - maintaining it, learning to live comfortably with it, sharing the tools by which I maintain it. When other things crowd into my life and I am caught up in the busyness of living, may I still preserve that first-of-all goal - remaining free of chemicals.

Today I Will Remember
First Things First.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment