Friday, March 17, 2017

March 17, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, March 17, 2017
 
Today, I begin reconditioning my thought processes to think as a sober alcoholic instead of one still drinking. Much of my thinking has been under the influence but, without that influence, I have to believe that my thoughts will change - for the better. As such, I need to adapt myself to a perspective unfamiliar to me. Not doing so will make me little more than a dry drunk. And AA promises that recovery is more than being dry. I must make a conscious decision that I will no longer think in terms of "me" and that the thinking patterns that enabled my alcoholic drinking must change. Today, I start to retrain my brain to think in terms of sobriety and dismantle my thinking from the perspective of the drunk that I am working to dropkick into yesterday. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment