Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 12, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, March 12, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
If we examine every disturbance we have, great or small, we'll find at the root of it some unhealthy dependency and its consequent unhealthy demand. So let us, with God's help, continually surrender these crippling liabilities. Then we can be set free to live and love. We may then be able to Twelfth-Step ourselves, as well as others, into emotional sobriety.

Do I try to carry the message of The Program?

Today I Pray
May I first get my emotional and spiritual house in order before I seek to carry out serious commitments in human relationships. May I look long and thoroughly at "dependency" - upon alcohol or other drugs or upon other human beings - and recognize it as the source of my unrest. May I transfer my dependency to God, as I understand Him.

Today I Will Remember
I am God-dependent.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment