Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
 
Today, put into practice living sober and and not as an alcoholic struggling not to drink. There is more to life than living with a daily struggle not to drink. But before I can apply my program and recovery to every realm of my life, I have to make sure I'm walking the walk and not just talking the talk. I have to be honest that I have begun at the very beginning, with the program's first four words -  "Admitted (I am) powerless ..."  - and that I have "come to believe" in something greater than myself, that I have done the steps thoroughly and honestly, and that I am truly an effective carrier of the message. Memorizing every word in the Big Book, burning in my mind every word of the 12 steps and traditions and of every 24-hour inspirational achieve nothing if I don't put action to them. Today, if I am only in the program, I'll get with it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment