Thursday, March 16, 2017

March 16, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, March 16, 2017
 
Today, if I believe that alcohol plunged me to depths deeper than I have ever been, I can also believe that AA can lift me to heights I have never known. The journey begins with the first four words of the program: "Admitted (I am) powerless ..." Although the program is there for the taking, what I take from it will be only as good as I put in it, and the work of investing in my recovery starts when I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, when I can't live with myself any longer because all that I have done won't let me forget, when I accept responsibility for what I have done to myself and others, when I understand that sobriety means more than abstinence and when I understand that there is no easier or softer way to get sober. Today, I am ready to begin achieving a height I have never experienced, and the beginning is in the words, "Admitted (I am) powerless." And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment