Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March 21, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, March 21, 2017

 
Reflection for the Day
The Program teaches us that we have an incurable illness. We always get worse, never better. But we're fortunate in that our incurable illness can be arrested, so long as we don't take the first drink one day at a time. High-toned academic research and ivory-tower studies to the contrary, we know from experience that we can no more control our drinking than we can control the ocean tides.

Do I have any doubt that I am powerless over alcohol?

Today I Pray
May I never fall prey to any short-term research results which tell me that alcoholism can be cured, that I would be safe to begin drinking again, supposedly, in a responsible manner. My experience - the experience of those in The Program - will out-shout such theories. May I know that my disease is arrestable, but not curable. May I know that if I took up my active addiction again, I would begin where I left off - closer than ever to possible death or insanity.

Today I Will Remember
Be wary of new theories.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment