Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, March 19, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
I know today that "stopping in for a drink" will never again be - for me - simply killing a few minutes and leaving a buck on the bar. In exchange for the first drink, what I'd plunk down now would be my bank account, my family, our home, our car, my job, my sanity and probably my life. It's too big a price, and too great a risk.

Do you remember your last drunk?

Today I Pray
May I be strong in the knowledge that God's spirit is with me at all times. May I learn to feel His presence. May I know that nothing is hidden from Him. Unlike the world which approves or disapproves of my outward behavior, God sees all that I do, think or feel. If I seek to do His will, I can always count on His reward for me - peace of mind.

Today I Will Remember
God knows all.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment