Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, March 19, 2017
 
Today, if some destructive emotion like self-pity or anger pops up and tells me I can't do anything right, I can say with honesty that alcoholism is one thing I did very right and did to a tee - and take the energy I applied to get drunk and thrust it on my recovery. The energy I used to get drunk will be spent instead on AA's first four words -  "Admitted (I am) powerless ..."  - and on the willingness to surrender my will to a Higher Power, on the diligence and honesty needed for the subsequent steps, and on being in service to others instead of myself. Today, I can have hope that I can do something good, something right because, if I can do drinking to perfection, I need only take a 180-degree turn and do recovery - certainly not to perfection, but at least getting started. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment