Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, March 18, 2017
 
Today, stop thinking about what I have lost to alcoholism with pangs of grief, mourning, regret, self-pity, anger and a feeling of injustice. AA has shown me how to turn the pain into gratitude that I had in the first place the people, things and opportunities that are now gone. I have also learned to look not at what I have lost but what I may still gain in recovery. The Fourth and 10th steps of recognizing my character disease, and the command to service in the 12th step hold the promise of gains yet to come. Today, the bitter of the sweet from the pains of my drinking yields to the prospect that I may yet experience that which might overshadow the losses that still hurt. But I have to work the steps of restoration, reconciliation and service to yield the benefits. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment