Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 29, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, March 29, 2017 
Reflection for the Day
What is the definition of humility? "Absolute humility," said AA co-founder Bill W., "would consist of a state of complete freedom from myself, freedom from all the claims that my defects of character now lay so heavily upon me. Perfect humility would be a full willingness, in all times and places, to find and to do the will of God." 
Am I striving for humility? 
Today I Pray
May God expand my interpretation of humility beyond abject subservience or awe at the greatness of others. May humility also mean freedom from myself, a freedom which can come only through turning my being over to God's will. May I sense the omnipotence of God, which is simultaneously humbling and exhilarating. May I be willing to carry out His will. 
Today I Will Remember
Humility is freedom.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment