Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: The Eye Opener

The Eye Opener
Sunday, March 19, 2017
 
No man ever lived without a God of some kind. If it was not the God of Abraham or of the Christian conception, it was the sun, or Nature, or thunder or mythical gods. It was golden images or idols of wood, and to some it was money or position or fame. We all had a God even if it was no more than a bottle.

No man, however brave, would have the temerity to face the forces of Nature and a hostile world unless he had recourse to something beyond his own puny strength.

Every time I hear an atheist sounding off, I always think of the days when I denied the fact that I was an alcoholic, knowing, deep down inside, that I was kidding myself.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment