Sunday, March 26, 2017

March 26, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, March 26, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
I know today that getting active means trying to live the suggested Steps of The Program to the best of my ability. It means striving for some degree of honesty, first with myself, then with others. It means activity directed inward, to enable me to see myself and my relationship with my Higher Power more clearly. As I get active, outside and inside myself, so shall I grow in The Program.

Do I let others do all the work at meetings? Do I carry my share?

Today I Pray
May I realize that "letting go and letting God" does not mean that I do not have to put any effort into The Program. It is up to me to work the Twelve Steps, to learn what may be an entirely new thing with me - honesty. May I differentiate between activity for activity's sake - busy-work to keep me from thinking - and the thoughtful activity which helps me to grow.

Today I Will Remember
"Letting God" means letting Him show us how.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment