Thursday, March 16, 2017

March 16, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, March 16, 2017
 
AA Thought for the Day
Before we decide to quit drinking, most of us have to come up against a blank wall. We see that we're licked, that we have to quit. But we don't know which way to turn for help. There seems to be no door in that blank wall. AA opens the door that leads to sobriety. By encouraging us to honestly admit that we're alcoholics and to realize that we can't take even one drink, and by showing us which way to turn for help, AA opens the door in that blank wall.

Have I gone through that door to sobriety?

Meditation for the Day
I must have a singleness of purpose to do my part in God's work. I must not let material distractions interfere with my job of improving personal relationships. It is easy to become distracted by material affairs, so that I lose my singleness of purpose. I do not have time to be concerned about the multi-farious concerns of the world. I must concentrate and specialize on what I can do best.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may not become distracted by material affairs. I pray that I may concentrate on doing what I can do best.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment