Friday, March 31, 2017

March 31, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, March 31, 2017 
Reflection for the Day
My illness is unlike most other illnesses in that denial that I am sick is a primary symptom that I am sick. Like such other incurable illnesses as diabetes and arthritis, however, my illness is characterized by relapses. In The Program, we call such relapses "slips." The one thing I know for certain is that I alone can cause myself to slip. 
Will I remember at all times that the thought precedes the action? Will I try to avoid "stinking thinking?"
Today I Pray
May God give me the power to resist temptations. May the responsibility for giving in, for having a "slip," be on my shoulders and mine only. May I see beforehand if I am setting myself up for a slip by blame-shifting, shirking my responsibility to myself, becoming the world's poor puppet once again. My return to those old attitudes can be as much of a slip as the act of losing my sobriety.
Today I Will Remember
Nobody's slip-proof. 

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment