Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March 8, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
Merely to change my behavior and what I say and do doesn't prove there's been a change in my actual inner attitude. I'm deceiving myself if I believe I can somehow completely disguise my true feelings. They'll somehow come through, prolonging the difficulties in my relationships with others. I have to avoid half-measures in getting rid of the troublesome emotions I've been trying to hide.

Have I taken an honest inventory of myself?

Today I Pray
May I know that feelings will come out somehow - sometimes barely disguised as behavior that I cannot always understand. But that perhaps is more acceptable to me than the root emotion that caused it. May I be completely and vigilantly honest with myself. May I be given the insight that comes through depending upon a Higher Power.

Today I Will Remember
Feelings can come out "sideways."

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment