Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, March 6, 2017
Todayshould I hear myself say the program isn't working, grant me the humility to be open to the possibility that maybe it's me who's not working. I need only to see the countless alcoholics who have recovered without drinking again to know that the problem may be with me and not the program. Let me not find excuses in the indefensible to rationalize or justify a pending wet or dry drunk, like I am lonely, I have lost too much, no one likes me, I don't feel anything when I drink or I'm still traumatized by the mustache my mother got when she went through menopause - all excuses. If the program isn't working for me, maybe I'm not working the program and I need only to fall back on the first four words of the 12 Steps to tell me that I'm not working: "Admitted (I was) powerless ..."  Today, I admit that I am powerless. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment