Friday, March 3, 2017

March 3, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, March 3, 2017
 
Today, understand that taking care of myself does not have to mean I am selfish and not placing everyone and everything after me. If I am Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired - HALT- my program suggests that I bolster myself so that I have something to share as an effective and meaningful 12th-stepper. We as alcoholics are predictable only in unpredictability and extremities - all or nothing with little or no middle ground. Tending first to our physical, emotional and spiritual health is the middle ground between active alcoholism and being in service to others, and we have little to pass on if we have neglected ourselves. The eventual outcome, if not a relapse, will be an alcoholic who is little more than a dry drunk - or a dead drunk. Today, if I feel the physical, emotional and spiritual need to seek and meditate with my Higher Power, let me not feel guilty or selfish because, in the end, I have nothing to offer to others if I have nothing to offer myself. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment