Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Friday, March 10, 2017
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Asking how

Many days we are tempted to ask Why? Why did this happen to me? Why was I singled out? Why am I not a different person? But the whys lead only to clever explanations and rationalizations of what we do or what we are. The question for us is not Why? but How?

We ask how to learn and work our program of recovery; the "how" can give us a deeper understanding of the program. We ask God How? and God provides the strength and guidance needed. "How" will lead to everything needed for recovery and personal growth. "Why" is irrelevant.

Am I learning how to live?

Higher Power, teach me how to live, love, and learn.
You are reading from the book:
Day by Day © 1974, 1998 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment