Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, March 10, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
In a letter to a friend, AA co-founder Bill W. once wrote, "Nothing can be more demoralizing than a clinging and abject dependence upon another human being. This often amounts to the demand for a degree of protection and love that no one could possibly satisfy. So our hoped-for protectors finally flee, and once more we are left alone - either to grow up or to disintegrate."  We discover in The Program that the best possible source of emotional stability is our Higher Power. We find that dependence upon His perfect justice, forgiveness and love is healthy, and that it works where nothing else will.

Do I depend on my Higher Power?

Today I Pray
May I realize that I am a dependent person. I have depended upon chemicals to alter my moods and attitudes. I have also developed parasitic attachments for others. May I stop making unrealistic emotional demands on others, which only serve to choke off mature human relationships and to leave me bewildered and let down. Only God can provide the kind of wholehearted love which I, as a dependent person, seem to need. May I depend first upon God.

Today I Will Remember
God offers perfect love.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment