Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 
Today, unconditional trust in my Higher Power for what I need and not what I think I want, and to understand that my recovery cannot be on my time schedule. In my impatience for the promises of the program, I must remember that the damage to myself and others as an alcoholic in the making and, later, as a drinking alcoholic, was not inflicted overnight. Thus, I can't expect recovery overnight. I need patience to overcome impatience, and I need only remember the damage caused by impatience in rushing toward what I thought I wanted and realize that a rushed recovery will likely lead, as it has in the past, to a train wreck. If through this day I encounter something I do not want, I will rise above an emotional reaction like anger or self-pity or indignation and ask my Higher Power only for His knowledge and will to handle it so as not to threaten my progress or inflict injury on anyone. His time table, not mine. His knowledge of my needs, not my selfish wants. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment