Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 20, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, April 20, 2017

Reflection for the Day
"If a person continues to see only giants," wrote Anais Nin"it means he is still looking at the world through the eyes of a child." During this 24-hour period, I won't allow myself to be burdened by thoughts of giants and monsters - of things that are past. I won't concern myself about tomorrow until it becomes my today. The better I use today, the more likely it is that tomorrow will be bright.

Have I extended the hand of caring to another person today?

Today I Pray
God, may I please grow up. May I no longer see monsters and giants on my walls, those projections of a child's imagination. May I bury my hobgoblins and realize that those epic dream-monsters are distortions of my present fears. May they vanish with my fearfulness, in the daylight of my new serenity.

Today I Will Remember
I will put away childish fears.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment