Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 29, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, April 29, 2017 
 
Reflection for the Day 
As I grow in The Program - sharing, caring and becoming more and more active - I find that it's becoming easier to live in the Now. Even my vocabulary is changing. No longer is every other sentence salted with such well-used phrases as "could've," "should've," "would've," "might've." What's done is done and what will be will be. The only time that really matters is Now. 
 
Am I gaining real pleasure and serenity and peace in The Program? 
 
Today I Pray 
That I may collect all my scattered memories from the past and high-flown schemes and overblown fears for the future and compact them into the neater confines of Today. Only by living in the Now may I keep my balance, without bending backwards to the past or tipping forward into the future. May I stop trying to get my arms around my whole unwieldy lifetime and carry it around in a gunny sack with me wherever I go.

Today I Will Remember 
Make room for today. 
 
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment