Sunday, April 23, 2017

April 23, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, April 23, 2017
 
Today, reflect on the choices and responsibilities of sponsorship. If I have progressed in my sobriety that I need to ask someone to sponsor me, where and how do I begin? My home group is fertile ground, and I may think about selecting three or four members, narrow them down to those I feel I can trust most and then approach that potential sponsor in confidence. If I am being asked to sponsor someone, however, I ask my Higher Power for the wisdom and responsibility before taking on such a sacred trust. Let me understand that sponsorship does not mean I am the sponsee's pseudo-priest and that the job does not make me "preacher." Today, I extend my recovery to include asking to be sponsored and, God willing, consenting to someone's request to extend my hand to his. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment