Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Reflection for the Day
As we continue to make these vital choices and so move toward these high aspirations, our sanity returns and the compulsion of our former addictions vanishes. We learn, in the words of Plutarch, that, "A pleasant and happy life does not come from external things. Man draws from within himself, as from a spring, pleasure and joy."

Am I learning to "travel first class" inside?

Today I Pray
The grace of God has showed me how to be happy again. May the wisdom of God teach me that the source of that happiness is within me, in my new values, my new sense of self-worth, my new and open communication with my Higher Power.

Today I Will Remember
Happiness comes from within.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment