Wednesday, April 12, 2017

April 12, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 
AA Thought for the Day
This sober world is a pleasant place for an alcoholic to live in. Once you've got out of your alcoholic fog, you find that the world looks good. You find real friends in AA. You get a job. You feel good in the morning. You eat a good breakfast and you do a good day's work at home or outside. And your family loves you and welcomes you because you're sober. 
Am I convinced that this sober world is a pleasant place for an alcoholic to live in? 
Meditation for the Day
Our need is God's opportunity. First we must recognize our need. Often this means helplessness before some weakness or sickness and an admission of our need for help. Next comes faith in the power of God's spirit, available to us to meet that need. Before any need can be met, our faith must find expression. That expression of faith is all God needs to manifest His power in our lives. Faith is the key that unlocks the storehouse of God's resources. 
Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may first admit my needs. I pray that then I may have faith that God will meet those needs, in the way which is best for me. 

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment