Friday, April 21, 2017

April 21, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for the Day
Can I be wholeheartedly grateful for today? If so, I'm opening doors to more and more abundant good. What if I can't be thankful for the "rain" that has fallen in my life - for the so-called bad times? What then? I can begin by giving thanks for all the sunshine I can remember, and for every blessing that has come my way. Perhaps then I'll be able to look back over the rainy periods of my life with new vision, seeing them as necessary; perhaps then, hidden blessings I've overlooked will come to my attention.

Am I grateful for all of life - both the sunshine and the rain?

Today I Pray
May I be grateful for all that has happened to me, good and bad. Bad helps to define good. Sorrow intensifies joy. Humility brings spirituality. Disease turns health into a paradise. Loneliness makes love, both human and Divine, the greatest gift of all. I thank God for the contrasts which have made me know Him better.

Today I Will Remember
I am grateful for the whole of life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment